Even though it is the disc golf offseason, I’ve got so much on my plate that I’m trying to balance the best I can, including:
- Full-time healthcare marketing career
- Nutrition coaching
- Building my Prodigy Discs bag since I just changed sponsors
- Creating disc golf YouTube content
- Leading the #respectHERgame movement
- Planning Ladies & Gents, the largest mixed doubles event in the world (more info coming soon!)
- Working toward my lifting, running and pull-up goals daily
- Renovating a big portion of our house
- Being a mom to three spunky dogs
- Managing a rental property
- Everything else that comes with living life!
I’m not bragging about all the stuff I do, I’m letting you know that I GET IT. I’m busy and so are you! But I’ll never be too busy to make nutrition and my health a top priority. I make the time to eat an adequate amount of food I ENJOY with the right balance of carbs, fat and protein to fuel my workouts and activities. I make the time to eat an adequate amount of food I ENJOY with the right balance of carbs, fat and protein to fuel my workouts and activities.
I typically eat three meals per day, plus dessert and snacks. Spreading out my calorie intake, and most importantly protein intake, keeps me sharp and satisfied. I could easily skip meals when I “don’t have time” or binge eat when I’m feeling stressed, but I don’t!
Because I make my health and nutrition a top priority, I managed to stay on top of my nutrition through this rough year – pandemic, a major loss in my family, extended illness, surgery and injuries. And I’m proud to say that through it all, I have managed to stick to my goals: Maintain my body fat and build muscle.